17 Things Only An Adventuress Would Understand
In the past few years us gals have been increasingly drawn to the mastery of many outdoor activities. On land, sea and in the sky we are making it known that girls love adventure too! Where once it was 'unladylike' to see a woman kicking some ass outdoors, we are now seeing a changing of the guard. That's right, adventurous pursuits are no longer a male domain, us femmes are not turned off by the ever increasing thrills and spills of outdoor adventures, we are turning up in droves as we too want to be tested by nature and its challenges.
All that being said, we like to do adventure a little different to the fellas, so here's my list of Things Only A Female Adventuress Would Understand.
1. Your family always called you a Tomboy, because you'd rather play with boys building tree houses than play with any dolls.
However you didn't mind Barbie's Campervan
2. Your idea of 'going for a walk' is totally different to your work colleagues and the majority of people you know.
3. You find yourself day dreaming of your next weekend adventure and its ......only Monday already!
4. Necessities in your overnight bag include toenail clippers, nurofen, deodorant , aeroguard and a variety of head bands and caps. (Hair brushes usually take up way too much space).
5. Your shoe wardrobe looks more like this
Unlike your friends, whose always looks like this
6. Your garage looks like this
7. And because you take your puppy on lots of your adventures, he ( and your car ) always looks like this!
8. You do the happy dance when a new adventure store opens and everything's on sale
Yet once again your disappointed when all the kit you find is designed for guys! Why? Why? Why? Us gals tend to spend soooo much more?
9. The best Christmas present last year was the Lonely Planet Guide 1000 Ultimate Adventures .
10. You understand reaching your limit is nothing to do with maxing out your credit card.
11. It's perfectly normal for your adventure and travel bucket list to increase exponentially as you age.
12. You totally get why Toblerone is the perfect chocolate for a girls adventure weekend.
13. You've learnt that a long stretch of road will teach you a lot including:
- Some of life's most memorable nights have more than five stars.
- Your favourite stories are written throughout the pages of your passport
- Truly all you need is 20 seconds of courage.
And your priority on that long stretch of road..... is to prevent blisters at all costs! Ouch!
14. There's nothing like a hot coffee on a freezing cold morning to warm your hands.
15. Food always tastes better cooked over an open fire.
16. Champagne is an adventure necessity and it's best enjoyed with a view.
17. And all adventures are best shared with friends!