Price: $2890.00 AUD
Duration: 7 Days
Summary: 5 nights exclusive semi‐permanent campsite, 1 night Alice Springs
- Stay in exclusive semi‐permanent campsites with hot showers and comfortable safari‐style sleeping tents
- Spend 5 days walking along the most spectacular sections of the Larapinta Trail
- Private bush tucker cooking experience and cultural understanding talk
- Watch the sunrise from Mount Sonder, one of the Northern Territory’s highest peaks
- Uncover the history of Australia’s Traditional Owners
- Explore the breathtaking Ormiston Gorge and Pound Swim in the pristine waters of Glen Helen Gorge
- Trip hosted by one of Travel, Play, Live’s key team members
The Larapinta Trail is one of the top 5 walks in Australia. Walking the high ridgelines of the West MacDonnell Ranges we gain a rare perspective of vast flood plains, the razorback rocky outcrops and sheer scale of this ancient land. We follow an itinerary that will appeal to the active walker. You will need to carry only a light pack as a support vehicle will meet us at our campsites with bush tucker that will exceed expectations. The diversity of trail stages is impressive: at times the trail descends from the ridge line into narrow canyons where sheltered pockets of delicate fern and twisted gum trees grow from the dry rivers of sand. On other stages we walk to the impressive Simpsons Gap and Stanley Chasm or climb Mt Sonder (1,380m) a perfect vantage point from where we can trace the entire West MacDonnell Range.
Ignite Your Heart of Adventure and Travel ‐ Play – Live!
** Trips are subject to change without notice. Please confirm start & end times BEFORE booking your flights.