Activity: Trekking & Adventure Touring
Price: $4890.00 AUD
Duration: 14 Days
Summary: 14 day trip, 4 day trek, 8 nights hotel, 4 nights camping, 1 night homestay
- Hike up the Salcantay Pass (4,638m) and admire the amazing views
- Discover the enigmatic ruins of Machu Picchu before the crowds arrive
- Meeting the women of Huilloq and Marcacocha and doing some traditional hands on weaving
- Getting your adrenaline junkie on doing a via ferrata and ziplining in the Sacred Valley
- Undertake a trek through lush bamboo forests, orchards and coffee plantations, enjoying scenic lunch stops
- Cooking and preparing some local specialties with women in the Sacred Valley
- Journey to the beautiful Sacred Valley and the village of Ollantaytambo
- Enjoy an island home stay on Lake Titicaca
- Trip hosted by one of Travel, Play, Live’s key team members
This comprehensive journey through Peru immerses us in rich Andean culture and landscapes. We’ll meet, shop and prepare traditional dishes with the local women in the Sacred Valley, learn the art of chocolate making, spend a night with the women of Huilloq and Marcacocha and do some traditional hands on weaving and take a thrilling zipline and via ferrata to get the heart pumping and the adrenaline going! We’ll then undertake the best short trek alternative to the classic Inca Trail. Our Salcantay Trek follows an ancient Inca trail located in the same region as the Inca Trail where dramatic mountain scenery is complemented with lush sub tropical jungle. This trek includes spectacular close up views of Mount Salcantay, regarded by the locals as sacred and certainly one of the most stunning snowpeaks in the Peruvian Andes. We’ll then discover the magnificent ruins of Machu Picchu before returning to Cusco. Our final days on the trip see us traverse the high altiplano to Puno where we’ll explore the floating islands on Lake Titicaca and spend a night with a local family. This is sure to be a highlight and a fitting finale to an immersive and culturally rich trip. Come and Ignite Your Heart of Adventure and Travel ‐ Play – Live!
Ignite Your Heart of Adventure and Travel ‐ Play – Live!
** Trips are subject to change without notice. Please confirm start and finish times BEFORE you book your flights